What’s in a minute? It can be sixty long seconds, or it can be just a blink of the eye.
Easy ways to slow time down
If you’re trying to slow time down, see how long a minute feels for any of the following:
- If you’re able to, hold a plank for 60 seconds
- Read the Elementary Rules of Usage section from The Elements of Style
- If you’re able to, sprint at full speed for 60 seconds
- After asking a question to a group and hearing no response, wait for 60 seconds before offering the answer
- Try to hold your breath for 60 seconds
Easy ways to speed time up
If you’re trying to speed time up, see how long a few minutes feels for any of the following:
- Go on TikTok (or your time-waster of choice)
- Take a nap
- Get immersed in a good book
- Try to complete a 20-part multiple choice quiz in 10 minutes
- Be stuck in traffic while late for a flight
It’s funny how our perception of time can vary so greatly.